.....Want to quit smoking? FREE Cooper Clayton Smoking Cessation Classes ...New in Knox County-Farmers' Market Every Thursday 5-8pm Paul Baker's Law Office on Cumberland Avenue in Barbourville....Want to Feel Better?.. Enroll in our FREE Microclinic Program to learn how and what to eat, exercise and many more tips. Classes begin September 9th at 5:30 pm First Baptist Church Family Life Center......
The Knox County Health Department is committed to the care and improvement of human life. In recognition of this commitment, we will strive to deliver high quality, cost-effective healthcare in the community we serve and work to protect the health of the public to the best of our ability.
Instructions for Online Food Handlers Course is available through the Environmental tab on our Home page.
Preventing Birth Defects
Talk to our nurse specialists if you are a woman of childbearing years.
FREE Cooper-Clayton Smoking Cessation Classes are offered frequently. Contact Belinda or Paula at 546-3486.
1st Tuesday of each month. Call to confirm class schedule at 606-546-3486 $10.00 fee. No personal checks
Tdap Vaccine is recommendedand available for parents of small children, teachers, daycare workers, and anyone working with small children. Administration fee is $22.00. Childhood vaccine insurance coverage changed as of October 1, 2012.
11 year old – required vaccines as of July 1:
Gardasil (optional and available for girls and boys.)
Ages 19 – 26 year olds ($22 per dose until supplies run out)
Gardasil – 3 dose
Tdap - $
Now available for parents with upcoming 2nd child. For information call the health department H.A.N.D.S. Department at 606-546-3486.
Family Planning Every other Wednesday. Call for appointment.
Cervical and Breast Cancer Screening scheduled every Tuesday and Thursday. Call for appointment.
- Kentucky Colon Cancer Screening Program FREE colon cancer screenings for anyone between the ages of 50-64 without insurance coverage.
- The Knoxville Comprehensive Breast Center Mobile Mammography Van will be at Knox County Health Department every month, please call for an appointment.
- Knox County Health Coalition meets 4th Tuesday of every month at 10:00 am at Union College in the Francis Patridge or Heritage Conference Room of the Student Center. Call Belinda Prichard for details
- Sandy Bottoms Hike and Bike Nature Trail Located off Manchester Street outside the floodwall. Great place to walk, hike and bike, and spend quality time with your family outside in nature. Contact Belinda Prichard for details
- Microclinic Program FREE Classes on nutrition and exercise. Call to enroll.
Call (606)546-3486 for appointments, information or questions.